Project Title: “Empowering civil society to address societal prejudice and undertake advocacy on discrimination against LGBT persons”
A vacancy exists within the Society Against Sexual Orientation Discrimination (SASOD) for an Advocacy and Communication Officer.
The Advocacy and Communication Officer will be responsible for:
- Managing engagement with stakeholders;
- Implementing SASOD’s advocacy strategy;
- Monitoring strategic litigation and take trial notes;
- Participating in strategic planning activities with SASOD and partners;
- Organizing advocacy related initiatives;
- Organizing training workshops, roundtable sessions, coalition meetings and other activities;
- Managing the assigned budgets and approve expenditures;
- Following up on reports of discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity, and supporting complaints to seek services and redress;
- Creating media content;
- Monitoring the electronic, print and social media platforms for LGBT related matters;
- Monitoring legislative reform process;
- Any other duties assigned.
At least a diploma from an accredited university in Communication, Public Relations, Media, English, Political Science, History, Sociology or any other relevant field.
Applicants are required to submit a copy of their Curriculum Vitae, accompanied by a cover letter and a 300 word statement of your views on LGBT rights in Guyana.
E-mail email@example.com for Terms of Reference.
Applications must be submitted by 20:00hrs (8:00pm) on January 18, 2013 via email only to:
Programme Coordinator, Society Against Sexual Orientation Discrimination (SASOD).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com.